Thursday, February 11, 2010

Free Delivery??

"Numerous research firms and studies have confirmed that free shipping is a customer favorite and we would not expect to see any change in this area. Thus it’s no surprise that 89% of shoppers found free shipping very to extremely helpful."



Free delivery is it really free? Most often not unfortunately. When a vendor offers free delivery it means they are absorbing the cost of gas, maintenance on the vehicle, and the labor of the delivery person. I don't know many business owners that are willing to absorb those costs do you? The fact is when offering free delivery the actual delivery charge is worked in the product price somehow. For instance the other day I had a bride contact me for a bouquet price, the price I gave her was $75 when she heard this she was astonished. Why was she? well it seems she contacted another florist who offers "free delivery" and was told $125! Now say the delivery charge from me was $25 she is still saving $25 by paying for delivery. I hope that next time you are offered free delivery you check some other comparable vendors to see if you really are getting "free delivery"

No comments:

Post a Comment